Not ready to apply?Be notified when job openings become available.
Welcome to Shelby County Government's application process!
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING FOR ANY POSITIONS!!!
· Carefully read the job descriptions and requirements for the position before applying by clicking “Details” next to the job title.
· All employees hired after September 1, 1986, must be residents of Shelby County and shall continue to reside in said County as a condition of their employment.
· All Shelby County Government positions are subject to a background check for any convictions that have a substantial relationship to potential job duties. Only convictions that are substantially related to potential job duties will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
· Apply online by selecting the job title you are interested in and click "Apply Now".
· If this is your first time applying online, you must create an account and select a Username and Password. After your account is established, you will begin your application. Your application may be saved and used to apply for more than one job opening.
· If you have previously created an account or applied using this system click “Apply Now” and login to use your saved application.
· Please carefully follow the instructions outlined in the application screen to ensure your application is submitted correctly for the position.
· You are responsible for documenting that you meet all of the requirements for the position. An incomplete application, missing documents, or false responses to questions may result in disqualification. It is important that your application include all relevant education and experience, including your Shelby County Government jobs. Before applying for a position, please update your profile (address, education, work history, etc.) to ensure that the most current information is considered as a part of the application.
· Applications are accepted until 11:59 pm CST of the closing date in the job posting.
· You will be notified by email only, regarding the status of your application. The Human Resources office will not provide application status by telephone.
If special assistance is needed to complete the application process, please email Human Resources at HRinfo@shelbycountytn.gov
Job Status Definitions
Closed Promotional – For current Shelby County Permanent or Durational employees only; excludes Shelby County temporary employees and Shelby County employees on original job probation, extended probation, disciplinary probation, or suspension
Grant-Funded - Funded by a grant for a duration of time as defined by the grant.
Open – Open to the public and Shelby County employees.
Open Register – A register of qualified applicants to be retained until a specified period of time to be considered for appointment or until the list of eligible applicants is exhausted.
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, disability, national origin, political affiliation, age, or any other legally protected status. Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify, Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V
Your privacy is very important to us. We will never give your information to anyone. Period.